The Terijoki parish of the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Church was formed only in 1904 - that is, 24 years later than the Orthodox parish. Prior to this, the inhabitants of the village of Terijoki of the Lutheran religion belonged to the Kivennapa parish (now Pervomaiskoe, about 20 km away), known since 1445.
After the completion of the construction of the railway, economic and spiritual development was so rapid that before the volost, the remote and remote village of Terijoki quickly developed into a vibrant center. Already in 1894, the question arose of transforming Teriyok into an independent community together with the villages of Raivola (now Roshchino), Puhtula (Reshetnikovo), Haapala (Leninskoye) and Kuokkala (Repino), which belonged to the Kivennapa volost. It was supposed to join the villages of Tyuresevya (Ushkovo), Vammelsuu (Serovo) and Metsäkylä (Molodezhnoe), belonging to the Uusikirkko (Polyany) volost. The church documentation of the Terijokis was also transported here. Divine services were held in the public school in Keskikylä, and communion was also held there.
On 23.08.1903, a church meeting of the village of Terijoki took place, which decided to petition for the separation of the village into an independent parish. On 30.12.1903, the Manifesto of His Imperial Majesty, the King of Poland, the Grand Duke of Finland and others and others was issued "To form a Special Terijoki Imperial Pastor of the III class with the post of one chief pastor, so that, however, a church was built in it and a cemetery was arranged ". The decision of the Senate to establish the Terijoki parish was made in 1904.
The land for the arrangement of the cemetery and for the construction of the church was purchased at the expense of parishioners even before the official decision on the organization of the parish. On February 20, 1905, at the church meeting of the Terijoki parish, it was decided to conclude a loan of 100,000 marks for the construction of the church. Construction began in 1907.
The author of the project was the Finnish architect Josef Stenbäck, who built several more buildings on the Karelian Isthmus, in particular, the church in Koivisto (now Primorsk). The building of the church is an example of the so-called. "national romanticism" in the architecture of Finland. This trend in Finnish culture is represented by such names as J. Sibelius in music, A. Gallen-Kallela in painting, E. Saarinen in architecture.
The construction of the church was completed in 1908, the same year a cemetery was founded. Since 1909, the church began to operate.
The church, damaged during the hostilities, was turned by the communists into a cinema "Victory", and first of all, all Christian symbols - a cross, a tower, etc., were removed, and also walled up stained-glass windows. The monument to the Terijoki hero was destroyed during the war of 1941-44. Now there is a toilet not far from this place. The military cemetery was destroyed, a lawn was laid out in its place.
On March 8, 1990, a meeting of Lutheran believers decided to create the Zelenogorsk parish of the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Church. The litigation for the building of the church between the administration of the Pobeda cinema and the believers lasted several years and ended not so long ago in favor of the latter. In 1993, a memorial sign was erected on the site of the Finnish military cemetery. At present, thanks to help from Finland, the appearance of the church has been practically restored.
The article was taken from the site: https://terijoki.spb.ru/history/templ.php?page=kirha